Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I will never cook as good as MOM




I have to get this off my chest, and this is the perfect place for it. I know I can let out my feelings here and it won't make a difference to anyone, and I will get a little peace of mind while I do it. It all goes back to my husbands moms outstanding cooking. She does cook like heaven, well, she used to cook like heaven, she no longer cooks as much. After my father in law past away she sort of gave up on having to cook. She will go out to eat, or cook up something simple for herself. But I'm the one stuck with the problem of not cooking as good and never being good enough for her son. I'm so tired of being picked on for not cooking so delicious. I truly feel like walking out of the room when he makes comments about my food, in particular negative ones. I wish I could go on strike and not cook!! just let him be in charge of putting dinner on the table. Of course it would always be take out, come on who are we kidding........it's not like he knows how to cook either. I just wish people (marcial) could be more civil and more sympathetic to others, and just be grateful for what they do have. I'm not a great cook, but you know what? I'm not the worst, and darn it! at least I cook. He'll never know how much worse it could have been for him. It's all those little things we tend to overlook that are sometimes the ones that count the most. Okay, he's not so bad.........he does love my desserts, but who can live off of desserts?

No comments: