Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Move over Starbucks

In my efforts to cut down on spending money, I've discovered a great thing to do with our morning coffee. I've noticed that once in a while I would stop and get a coffee from Starbucks or McDonald's, mostly on my way to pick up the kids from school, lets say around 3:00 when is the time of day that I get the sleepies. Anyways, long story short, I was about to walk out of the house today and I got a glimpse of the morning coffee still sitting there in the coffee maker. Like every day of our lives, the morning coffee would have gone to waste, being thrown out at the end of the day. Not today! I poured it into the mixer with lots of ice, and some half and half I happened to have in the fridge. I did add a little bit of sugar to sweeten it up, but then the magic occurred, I came up with the yummiest cold coffee drink ever! and it was completely free. From now on I will use up the cold coffee, for one I don't spend any extra money on it, and the next best thing is it doesn't go to waste like it always does. I'm so excited about my little discovery, I can't wait to have another one tomorrow.

1 comment:

endthought said...

I love that idea! Coffee can be a huge waste of money and there's nothing better than a cup of iced coffee.

I used to work at a coffee joint and to make the iced coffee, we just brewed it extra strong, put it in a pitcher with some ice, stuck it in the fridge or freezer for a bit, and then poured into cups of ice for customers.

I think I might start making iced coffee again :)