Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Birthday dinner at Phils


I can't say enough about this delicious BBQ place.  The food is so good, the meat falls of the rib good.  For this birthday I picked this place because I usually pick Italian food, but last night we made pasta at home, so it was too early for me to eat Italian again.  Phils BBQ was the best choice.  The kids enjoyed it and they had never been there before, so it was great taking them with us.  The funniest thing happened when we were leaving, it relates to the last picture you see here.  We asked one of the waiters to take a picture of our family right outside the restaurant, but while he took the picture he mentioned that "phil turned around".  Which sounded weird at the time, but then walking out came this man and we started hearing something about Phil, so we turned and asked if he was Phil, and yes it was the famous Phil, owner and founder of Phils BBQ.  We shook his hand and looked very excited about meeting him, you would think we were meeting the president of the United States, goes to show you how big we are on eating good food.  It was a nice ending to our dining experience at Phils.  If you ever come to San Diego, make sure and stop in for some of the countries best ribs and chicken.   Great Food........Great People........Great Service.
Thank you to my children for their presents.  Two of my favorite movies and some yummy dark chocolate.... I love dark chocolate........they know.  Thank YOU.

3 comments:

Tinsie said...

That must have been a great birthday dinner - the food looks yummy and you all look so happy! Happy belated birthday xx

Patricia P said...

Yes it was delicious, and of course I couldn't be in better company than my children and husband. They are too funny, so they keep me laughing all the time. Great times.

Roy Cherian Cherukarayil said...

Nice to hear and see a great family outing. Not many families are blessed. We should thank God for all that he gives us.