Wednesday, September 30, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

It's my birthday today and I'm full of joy and gratitude for all that I've lived in this past year.  I'm happy to be turning 42, I feel no worries about it.  Unlike some women who don't like to age.  I have enjoyed and savored every single year because each year has brought something special and has given me a little more wisdom.  Life is a big giant school and I'm enjoying all it has to offer.  What plans do I have for my birthday?  We are going out to dinner with our children.  Phil's BBQ.  That is yummy and I know the kids will enjoy it.  I know my husband thought it would be him and me together......all alone in a romantic dinner, but this is my philosophy:  I feel that you teach your children what you expect from them.  And this might sound selfish but I want my children to value me and love me and know that birthdays are special.  I hope they will grow up and at least call me on the day of my birthday.  I feel if we don't celebrate and include them now that they are young, someday they will grow up and not care about my special day.  I don't want them to look back and say "well we never used to celebrate your b-day, we didn't know you cared about it so much".  So there, that is my philosophy on teaching children that you are special and they need to value you.  Moms are very special people. And I'm a MOM.

3 comments:

Don Cuevas said...

¡Feliz cumpleaños, Patricia!

I observed my 67th birthday on Monday (that's "observed", not "celebrated"). Have a great day and a nice dinner out.

Saludos,
Don Cuevas el Abuelito

Tinsie said...

I love celebrating my mum's birthday - I'm sure your kids will do too!

Roy Cherian Cherukarayil said...

A good approach. It's important to convey to the children the important dates that a family must observe