Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The power of NOW


I've started listening to an audio book recently, it's entitled The power of Now.  I have to say I don't really enjoy Echart Tolle's voice, but I think I'm getting used to it now.  I am somewhat lost in his teachings of living in the Now, some of the things he talks about can be a little confusing.  But as always, I take what catches my attention and dismiss what doesn't ring true to me.  I've felt a few AHA moments while listening to it.  One of the things that stands out in my mind is his thought of Living only in the NOW, which means basically living in happiness, because you no longer live in the past......or the future either.  When a person lives in the future, he or she is always thinking of how he/she will be happy in the future, once something happens, once he/she acquires something of desire.  But that doesn't work because you are living with a void that can't be filled, no matter how much you acquire.  The void is a bottomless pit that only you can fill by living in the NOW.  By living in the now you can't have unhappiness because you are living in the moment, and if you stop right this minute and notice, you are in no pain, no suffering, no conflict, you are sitting in peace......you are sitting in the NOW.  So, I shall proceed in listening to my audio book and hopefully keeping in my heart all that is good in it.  God Bless.

1 comment:

Roy Cherian Cherukarayil said...

Good to hear about your new interest. Audio books are good because its gives us a pair of free hands to do something more. Living in the NOW is really a great thing that we should attempt to do....its actually such a big challenge and when we dry to face it head on, the results are great...continue your good reading Patricia...