Thursday, August 18, 2011

Teenagers!!

Iv'e had the fortune of having one difficult teen out of three kids.  He is the last one on the list, so I guess I should be happy that the other two are well past their teenage years.  Although, I find it hard to deal with my youngest, a part of me thinks it's not as bad as it could be.  I've been so lucky to have had it easy with the other two, I guess I thought it would be the same with the youngest, so undoubtedly he might be compared to the other two.  I have to stay tough, might it be my age? I went through the tough years with the first two when I was in my late thirties early forties.  Wonder if age is what's making it it such a hard experience.  I'm older, and without a doubt more tired.  My energy isn't half of what it used to be.  So with that I accept that my patience is also not what it used to be.  What's there to do? my thoughts: just hang in there and be understanding yet tough.. action and consequence is always the way to go with children.  Don't want to listen?? okay, goodbye X-box for the day :)

No comments: