Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oprah, Oprah......



Oh my goodness, what in the world happened with our Oprah? I was truly let down at some level when Mondays episode aired, and there sat our Oprah talking a whole different talk, going against all she has opened our eyes to. I couldn't believe my ears as she repeatedly said how disappointed she was with herself, and how she had let herself down. It didn't sit good with me because through the years I've come to love myself as I am, and it happened only by Oprah's shows and guests who spoke many truths to us. I have to come clean and say that I love the current Oprah, the real Oprah. Right, she could use some weight-loss, but not enough to feel so bad about herself. She is a beautiful African-American woman, and that is what she will always be, and she is an amazing 50+ woman. Oprah, your heart and spirit are filled with so much authenticity that others see what maybe you don't see in yourself. I support you like many of your viewers and hope that you will lose weight and get to a point where you are happy with yourself, but sweetheart, don't beat yourself down like that. We love the joyful Oprah, not the Scary - Skinny Oprah that came out years ago tugging along a red radio flyer with a bag of fat. That was not the Oprah people love, it was an image of massive weight-loss, which in fact didn't bring you happiness.........from what we now can see. Keep it real Oprah and stay love-able for us fans that adore you and love to see you as a regular human being with defects and in your case Major strengths.

Love you Oprah!!!

No comments: