Monday, August 31, 2009

Not so hot today!!

Oh my, thank you God for this break in the weather. It was slightly cooler today, and I was so happy for that. I was able to get some housework done without breaking into a sweaty mess. Here in California hot days are the worst because we don't have air conditioners or swamp coolers like all my sisters and brothers have back in Arizona. We have to tough it out with fans, and sometimes a little window air conditioner in one of the rooms. I'm just so happy the hot days seem to be gone for a while. We are expecting a little cooling off because of the hurricane that's hitting Baja California. On the other hand, I hope it doesn't cause any devastation in Baja. People are so poor down there, it's sad that natural disasters tend to hit places that are poverty stricken.

2 comments:

Roy Cherian Cherukarayil said...

The climate here in India is also very much the same except that we don't have extreme winters...we are waiting for the rains so that the heat will be off...

endthought said...

You don't have an air conditioner? Ahhh!