Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cupcake Love


My sweet Moni is doing cupcakes as a business.....she makes very delicious cupcakes.  The baking gene runs deep in our family, my parents used to own a bakery when I was young, and thanks to that I learned how to decorate cakes.  I used to make wedding cakes and birthday cakes for friends, and I would make descent money doing it, but as life would have it.......I ended up with my arm hurting a lot.  That's what usually happens when you do something repeatedly. So I began to cut back on making cakes.  But now, I have my little baker at home, she enjoys it so much and she is so creative.  I'm so proud to see that she has that in her, It reminds me a lot of me when I was that age.  Well as I was saying, she started making cupcakes and trying to make a little business of it.  This past weekend she made her first cupcake order........for $35.  She will hopefully get more business and eventually save up money for a trip she wants to take with school in a year and a half.  They will be going to Spain and France.  But it cost money that we can't give her.  I think she is a very determined person and she will make it happen.  I'm so proud of her and I hope her dream of this trip will come true.

2 comments:

mp said...

Good luck on your new venture. Hopefully you guys sell lots and lots of cupcakes full of love.

Roy Cherian Cherukarayil said...

Wishing Moni all the best...its great to pursue a passion keeping a goal in mind...please post close up snaps of the cakes Patty if it is not so difficult for you...